Welcome to Eyelink – Tokai Optometrists
We at Eyelink pride ourselves on competitive pricing and excellence in service and go to great lengths to inform and meet our patients’ visual requirements (including contact lenses and Glaucoma testing), with on-going personalized service for the whole family. We will advise you on how best to keep the cost within your medical aid benefits and will discount added luxuries.
Our patients become our friends knowing they can come back year after year and see the same Optometrist and staff. Janet and Felicia are our friendly, helpful frontline staff who have been with the practice for many years and can advise and help you where needed. Eyelink is the longest existing Optometric practice in Tokai (almost 20 years) with Stephen Pulford being the original owner and Optometrist, (30 years experience). This proves our long term commitment to our patients. The advantage of being an independent Optometrist and not part of a franchise, is that the patient gets personalized service and doesn’t feel like they are just a number. We are also not forced to use a certain supplier but can source the best quality, most affordable product, be it generic or brand name. We will try and better or match any price or special offer our competitors are offering. We
don’t compromise on quality and offer excellent after sales back up service.
Sonia is a qualified dispenser and is at your service to adjust your glasses or replace nose pads and screws. She will advise you on which frame is most suitable for your lens type and we have a range of frames (over 1 000) and lenses from budget to brand names – whatever your requirements. We will also advise you on which lenses best suit your needs and budget eg; generic multifocals and changeable tints, to top of the range products. There are also choices of thinner, lighter and harder lenses, and polarisation. Anti-reflex coatings are also necessary if you suffer from glare from the computers, fluorescent lights and car lights at night.
We recommend a comprehensive eye examination every year to check if your prescription has changed, to screen for eye diseases eg: Macular Degeneration, Cataracts, Glaucoma (especially if in the family), and to examine the retina if you suffer from Hyper-tension, Diabetes and Cholesterol etc.
Our services include:
- Professional, comprehensive eye examinations in Tokai.
- We have an extensive range of Titanium, stainless steel, rimless and semi-rimless frames.
- All frames carry a one year warranty and excellent back-up service.
- Loyalty programme – buy 6 boxes of contact lenses and get the 7th one free.
- Large range of accessories eg; sunglass clip-ons, magnifiers, spectacle cords, contact lens solutions, lens cleaners, readers, cases etc.
- Brand name frames and sunglasses eg; Ray-Ban, Diesel, Levi’s, Roxy, Quicksilver, Vogue, Carducci, DKNY, Silhouette, Polaroid, Polar One.
- We have a good range of children’s frames.
- Colour vision testing.
- Free driver’s screening.
- Contact lenses at competitive prices (colour, disposable and 1 day lenses).
- We charge medical aid rates and accept Edcon and Visa cards.
- We will try and better any written quote or special.
- We are a Discovery Preferred Provider (20% off frames and lenses.)
- Glaucoma screening gives you Vitality points.
- We accept most Medical Aids, including Samwu, Gems, Bonitas etc and charge medical aid rates. We are a PPN Provider.
- Our Tokai office is open until 7pm Monday to Saturday.